After some justified mockery from Sarah Wynde (in the comments on the first post) I replaced the typeface on my cover. I used a font called “Six Caps” from Font Squirrel. It’s reminiscent of Copperplate but not as clearly recognizable as Copperplate, which is a plus. The thin, elongated lines and compressed spacing add a kind of dark tension, which is why thriller and horror covers use similar fonts. I also realigned the type so it was more symmetrical:
I tried another font called “Leander,” also from Font Squirrel, which I don’t think works as well on my particular cover. I can see it working for horror covers. The worn-out typewriter with slightly skewed lines and molted edge gives this font an eerie feel. Nonetheless, it’s a little too sedate for my book.
Anyway, I’m open to feedback on the second run.